KOF Maximum Impact

General and high profile video game topics.
Zenzerotron

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby Zenzerotron » February 6th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Dave, you gave this game an entirely too high grade.

The AI is the worst I've ever seen in a fighting game. Even on the hardest setting, you can beat the computer by repeating the same move over and over again. You can easily just press "x" over and over without looking at the screen and still win.

The characters have no endings, for the sake of argument.

The characters are imbalanced.

A lifetime to master?? Many characters have combos that just involve hitting the same button 5 times in a row. This is the worst example of a "button masher" ever.

Maybe it is a good game when playing agasint a friend, but as a one-player experience, it offers no endings, challenge, or depth.

This game is completely unworthy of the KOF pedigree.

Zen444

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby Zen444 » February 7th, 2005, 1:40 am

I dont really care what the VGC gives the games. Just as long as its a good read

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 7th, 2005, 3:18 pm

[QUOTE=Zen444]I dont really care what the VGC gives the games. Just as long as its a good read [/QUOTE]

Zen, I found this comment interesting. I get a lot of nice emails from people who love to read my reviews. But what is it about them that's so good? I mean, there are numerous grammatical errors and typos, and I am far from a professional writer. Is it my insight, or is it the informal tone of the reviews?

I'd like to hear from whomever wants to chime in.

chrisbid1

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby chrisbid1 » February 7th, 2005, 6:43 pm

your reviews are insightful, humorous, but you dont have that phony "hip" humor, nor do you have hip high-maintainance facial hair that seems to be required to write for a website, or be on a G4 tv show. I dont always agree with you (Gradius V *cough*), but at least you explain why you like or dislike a game, rather than slipping down the slope of fanboyism or hype to give a game a good grade. The writing could be a little more error free, but having written myself, it helps to have somebody else read through an article before posting it.

J.M. Vargas

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby J.M. Vargas » February 7th, 2005, 8:14 pm

[quote]chrisbid wrote:
your reviews are insightful, humorous, but you dont have that phony "hip" humor, nor do you have hip high-maintainance facial hair that seems to be required to write for a website, or be on a G4 tv show. I dont always agree with you (Gradius V *cough*), but at least you explain why you like or dislike a game, rather than slipping down the slope of fanboyism or hype to give a game a good grade. The writing could be a little more error free, but having written myself, it helps to have somebody else read through an article before posting it. [/quote]

SSSSHHHHHHHH, everyone quiet!   You hear that?  That's the crystal-clear loud sound of the critic's butt getting kissed by a grateful reader w/o the subject of the adulation even noticing it's happening.  Man, some people just get jaded with fame and fortune (tsk, tsk)!

Zen444

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby Zen444 » February 7th, 2005, 9:00 pm

OMIFG! THE VIDEO GAME CRITIC QUOTED ME! I FEEL SO STAR STRUCK!!
. j/k. Anyway, my favorite part of your reviews is some little info about the console and back stories and such.

sega saturn x

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby sega saturn x » February 11th, 2005, 5:32 pm

Why do i like your reviews?  There short logical and most of all add free.

sega saturn x

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby sega saturn x » February 11th, 2005, 5:36 pm

Sorry i forgot to say somthing another reason i like your site is that you have all the systems i could ever even consider buying.  This is one of your greatest pros i can see how good a systems library is at the click of a button with reviews i can trust.  Plus again add free!

Paul Campbell

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby Paul Campbell » February 14th, 2005, 4:36 am

At the risk of J.M. Vargas accusing me of brown nosing you like there's something in it for me....(and overusing those annoying smiley-face things)

I also love reading your reviews, so much that I have read all the reviews for systems I don't own and will never buy. I think there are three reasons for this:

1: The reviews are short and to-the-point enough that i don't get bored reading about a game.

2: Having been playing videogames since at least the Atari 2600 era, it's fun to hear you describe the naunces of a good or bad game, because even when it's a game I havn't directly played, I find I can really relate to what you are saying from my playing experience.

3: All this along with the occasional humor and wit makes it a very enjoyable experience.

Of course, I also love reading Movie reviews for movies I'll never see so maybe I also just love reading peoples opinions of entertainment in general as well.

Paul Campbell

KOF Maximum Impact

Postby Paul Campbell » February 14th, 2005, 4:40 am

And by the way, J.M., I think your comment was extremely unfunny (despite what you obviously though), probably a little embarassing for who you were speaking of, and just flat out wrong. I didn't see any butt kissing, just complimenting. Besides, why would somebody kiss The Critics butt? So he'll give them a little shout-out in one of his reviews? Right.

Return to “Video Games General”