Go on.

General and high profile video game topics.
Zen444

Go on.

Postby Zen444 » February 21st, 2005, 2:03 am

Cosmic Carnage (Sega 1994) F
8/1/2000

"This is progress?? I could rag on this game all day. Pixelated graphics. Shameless gore. Gratuitous color. Slow, uninspired gameplay. Dumb name. This has got to be one of the worst 2D fighting games I've ever seen! Cosmic Carnage pits 8 aliens against each other. There are actually a few wild looking characters, including an Alien clone, a half-snake, and a praying mantis. You can select armor before the fight, which makes your fighter look ridiculously colorful. I know that color was one of the few 32X strong points, but does everything need to be rainbow striped?? The backgrounds tend to be either very boring or just plain annoying. The fights seem to happen in slow motion, and the control is horrible. Occasional zoom-in results in some very ugly pixelation. The matches go on way too long, and finally end with someone getting their limbs torn off. Nice. Even the sound is poor.
1 or 2 players"

Continue to rag on this game please.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Go on.

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 21st, 2005, 9:15 am

[QUOTE=Zen444]
Continue to rag on this game please.[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be getting your wish. Since I already reviewed practically all the 32X games, my next step is to redo the five year old reviews like this one. Rest assured my ability to dismantle a piece of crap game is far more potent now than it was five years ago. Stay tuned.

Caf

Go on.

Postby Caf » February 21st, 2005, 9:20 am

Cosmic Carnage was a surprising piece of crap. Who authorized THAT to be released?? It isn't fun, is full of slowdown, doesn't look good. Ugh!

sega saturn x

Go on.

Postby sega saturn x » February 21st, 2005, 9:40 am

I have fond of memorys of that turd simply because me and my friend spent a good 2 hours just lauphing our asses off.  We just tried to play with every character and man was it funny.

chrisbid1

Go on.

Postby chrisbid1 » February 21st, 2005, 10:49 am

its classic launch title shovelware, the theory is that people are eager to buy any game available for their new system. current example would be the Nintendo DS, and the next example will be the PSP.

Caf

Go on.

Postby Caf » February 21st, 2005, 11:45 am

True, Chrisbid, but it is the worst of the worst shovelware launch offal we've probably ever seen.

chrisbid1

Go on.

Postby chrisbid1 » February 21st, 2005, 1:18 pm

i would have to give that title to three sega cd "make your own music video" games. Kriss Kross, C & C Music Factory, and Marky Mark

Return to “Video Games General”