Zaxxon Atari 5200 $90!!!!

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » August 10th, 2008, 2:21 pm

Finding a Colecovision is an expensive proposition?

Until a few years ago, I only had my ADAM computer to play games on. Then I found a complete working Colecovision at Goodwill for $3.99! All controllers, AC adaptor, the works.

People who rely on EBAY and the net are spending too much. Although it is not as easy now as it was in the 90's, you can still find people with old Ataris, CVs, even rare systems collecting dust somewhere, happy to unload them for under ten bucks, usually with games.

Check Goodwill, Salvation Army, Flea markets, second hand stores and "USED-FOR SALE" catalogs. I built half my collection that way!

JNH

Postby JNH » August 10th, 2008, 2:41 pm

I've never seen a Colecovision in a thrift store, nor have i at a game store. There about a dozen guys who sell games at this flea market and they all want $100 for Coleco's (but they're all in the box w/manuals etc.) and most have the atari 2600 adapter too...

Aaron

Postby Aaron » August 10th, 2008, 2:49 pm

[QUOTE=JNH]Forget it then...when I have a real house, a better job etc. I'll just buy an arcade cabinet of Zaxxon and problem solved...
[/QUOTE]

I have gone through several arcade cabinet games.  They are great at first but after a few months they lose their appeal.  Although a good pinball machine is timeless.  The only arcade machine I still have is Karate Champ.  I still play it pretty often and it makes for one heck of a drinking game for parties .

Dino-gamer

Postby Dino-gamer » August 12th, 2008, 10:12 pm

I have Zaxxon for 8-bit Atari on Cassette.

I'd send you a copy, but I have not loaded it since 1985 and the tape may no longer be magnetized...

Anyway, awesome game; but not $90 awesome.

Guy

Postby Guy » August 22nd, 2008, 3:00 pm

The price is now at $21

Return to “Classic Gaming”