Kingdom Hearts 2 (Playstation 2)

The readers post their own reviews.
Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » May 22nd, 2006, 10:24 pm

Awesome game, I have to compliment 4 years of waiting for this awesome sequel! Critic, I recommend this so much it's worth playing! In the beginning, you play as Roxas, who has these dreams about the original Kingdom Hearts. The prologue, which is what I'm talking about, is kind of boring. But if you're fast at getting past things, then it's a good idea to not say it's boring. The brand new limit attacks and drive forms are so powerful, you don't need to be a high level to unleash each powerful attacks of each form! However, the game's way too easy for me to whiz by, since I clocked it in 35 hours. I've mainly spent 65+ hours of side quests and beating Sephiroth. He's only the hard part, though. The worlds include Space Paranoids (Tron), Pride Lands (Lion King), and The Land of Dragons (Mulan). This is an excellent sequel, and the secret ending... well, I can't say anything yet.

Grade: A+

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » May 23rd, 2006, 4:17 pm

If you despise final fantasy and disney like I do can the game play and story keep you interested enough to keep playing?

Koopa W.

Postby Koopa W. » May 23rd, 2006, 5:00 pm

In one word, yes. I am a fan of both, so KH1 is my all-time 2nd favorite game. (No. 1 is Smash TV!) I haven't played 2 yet.

Anyway, my point is, I have a friend just like you. He HATES disney, and he couldn't give a turd about Final Fantasy. He never played KH1, but I talked him into buying KH2, and the next day he said it was among the best games he had ever played.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » May 28th, 2006, 8:35 pm

[QUOTE=Koopa W.]

In one word, yes. I am a fan of both, so KH1 is my all-time 2nd favorite game. (No. 1 is Smash TV!) I haven't played 2 yet.

Anyway, my point is, I have a friend just like you. He HATES disney, and he couldn't give a turd about Final Fantasy. He never played KH1, but I talked him into buying KH2, and the next day he said it was among the best games he had ever played.

[/QUOTE]

Not to sound rude, but I found the first game dull as all get out.  It was like zelda only more boring.  Does the second really mix it up?  I'm willing to give it a chance but truth be told hearing the characters talk is likie a drill boring into my ears.

Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » May 28th, 2006, 9:22 pm

The second has some new tweaks, like a fixed camera, and other things. Just rent it!

Halibut

Postby Halibut » June 30th, 2006, 12:25 am

I was actually not a fan of this game. I heard nothing but great things from critics hailing this as a contender for "best game of the year", so I went out and rented it to see for myself... Well, the game just moved too slowly for my liking. I just found I'd be doing a lot of pointless running around to accomplish meaningless tasks and not seeing nearly enough action. You'd run around for 20+ minutes, then get to do about 2 minutes worth of fighting, then watch a 5 minute cutscene. It just felt more like watching a movie than playing a video game. I just kept thinking "why don't they just release this on DVD and stop pretending it's a game"? After 3 hours of play, I had only been in 3 actual battles. Pretty graphics are not enough to impress me.

Return to “Reader Reviews”