What, no ones gonna make an ipad topic?

General and high profile video game topics.
Thebawwradar

Postby Thebawwradar » April 9th, 2010, 4:27 pm

[QUOTE=chrisbid]i am not clamouring to buy an ipad, but i do see the reasoning behind its creation the iphone has become the number 1 smartphone (despite lousy at&t coverage) because of its touchscreen.  in fact, there are a sizable number of people that are going with dumbphones with touchscreens over smartphones without them. so if the response for that user interface is so great, why not attempt to import it into other products?  touchscreens, like mice a generation ago, is the computing interface revolution of our time.  whichever company 'gets it right' will reap huge rewards.  love them or hate them, apple has always been the company willing to push things forward.  they have the inside track on touchscreen computing.  does that mean the ipad will be revoltionary as the ipod or iphone?  that remains to be seen [/QUOTE]

How far does "pushing things forward" go with apple anymore chrisbid?

The only thing the iPad has for it's "revolutionary", is it's apple logo and design going to a much higher level of gimmicky....

At least the iphone was the closest thing to a somewhat complete Apple computer/laptop....

MappyMousePD

Postby MappyMousePD » April 9th, 2010, 7:09 pm

[QUOTE]I hear the Resident Evil 4 made the jump to the pad as well. Console Erosion! Look at how Steve Jobs has taken the licensing format Nintendo revolutionized for gaming and took over music, and 'here-they-come'- again! [/QUOTE]

The iPhone game wasn't a great version of Resident Evil 4 by any means, and all they did for the iPad was increased the resolution and the price, which seems to be a trend among iPad developers. 

I'd rather see developers use the added screen size to make more user-friendly interfaces and utilize the whole screen in creative and new ways, as in games like Flight Control.  Porting over the same flawed virtual controls from the iPhone isn't going to help the iPad as a game machine when the PSP and DS do that a hundred times better. 

Michael Danehy

Postby Michael Danehy » April 9th, 2010, 9:04 pm

MappyMousePD

Postby MappyMousePD » April 9th, 2010, 11:18 pm

[QUOTE=Michael Danehy]You can do this with an ipad... http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/iCade.shtml?cpg=128H
[/QUOTE]

If that were real, I would actually consider buying one. 

gleebergloben1

Postby gleebergloben1 » April 9th, 2010, 11:29 pm

I was seriously thinking about getting the iPad, but I've decided to wait, save my money, and purchase the iWheel when it comes out in November.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

Dave1

Postby Dave1 » April 10th, 2010, 10:22 am

Well, I guess you do post quite a few, but they're short and too many early early era.  Expand in to some more N64 reviews!

Actraiser

Postby Actraiser » April 11th, 2010, 12:52 pm

Typing on the iPad at best buy. Not the best justyrt.

Return to “Video Games General”