6/13/2006: PSP: Capcom Classics Remixed, Metal Gear Acid

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 13th, 2006, 6:57 pm

Yes I'm harsh, but am I correct??
You be the judge.

I'll post two more PSP reviews tomorrow for your reading enjoyment.

Dave

Benjamin

Postby Benjamin » June 13th, 2006, 7:25 pm

what what what.  Psp reviews??? color me happy!  first post means I'm on here before the nintendo lovers of this site. No bashing... Cant we all get along.  Where is your psp system review? But Im glad you gave in.  Listen I know people ask you to review certain games but since I've had the psp since April 05 so definetly Pick up MLB 06 The Show....If you dont Love that game then I will  not only be suprised I will jump off a bridge.  anyway cant go wrong with Hot shots golf, Lumines, and Daxter. 

Linkdude

Postby Linkdude » June 13th, 2006, 7:36 pm

I knew Metal Gear Acid would get a F. I'd give both the first and the sequel a F-. They both suck, and card battling is stupid. Even Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories would get a big fat F. Sorry for being harsh, but that's how it goes.... Critic-- DON'T GET METAL GEAR ACID 2!

Chris Marsh

Postby Chris Marsh » June 13th, 2006, 8:26 pm

The games that were missed on the first Capcom for PS2 is going to get the games the PSP version got with some omissions and extra games not included on the PSP or PS2 Capcom Classics. There is also a PSP version with some games that were missed from the first time. Both will be released in the fall.

Boston

Postby Boston » June 13th, 2006, 8:56 pm

None of us are suprised. I didn't play Metal Gear Solid but I did play its sequel and I really liked it. It's a strategy game for Pete's sake. You are the ONLY critic on the web that gave the game anything below a B or B- and I commend you for that, I really do, you stick to your guns. Nonetheless I really enjoyed the sequel but I could see how some people wouldn't. I thought it was a great STRATEGY game. Anyway, looking forward to your other PSP reviews.

Boston

Michael D

Postby Michael D » June 13th, 2006, 9:41 pm

I have to say, I'm not surprised that you hated Metal Gear Acid.  I still can't get over the fact that it's a card battle game, but that's Hideo Kojima for you.  He can be pretty crazy sometimes, what with the "La Li Lu Le Lo" in MGS 2, the long cut-scenes, the sun sensing cartridges for the Boktai games (GBA), Snake vomiting in MGS 3 (which was actuallly pretty funny), and MGS 3 being subtitled Snake Eater.  That last one just doesn't sound right.

Conn

Postby Conn » June 13th, 2006, 11:19 pm

I think the reason you hated Acid so much is because you expected it to be more like a Metal Gear Solid title with the normal gameplay.

Zen444

Postby Zen444 » June 13th, 2006, 11:38 pm

This is why I love you. You always tell the truth.

J.M. Vargas

Postby J.M. Vargas » June 14th, 2006, 1:21 am

Dave, as your friend (??!!) and regular visitor to your site, I only have three words for you: Namco Museum Collection.  If you liked the Capcom compilation then you're going to flip over the PSP version, including a new PSP-exclusive version of Galaga '90 (your A+ game for the Turbo-Grafx) that will just melt you down.  This should be your next PSP purchase ASAP, although if you can get it for less than $39.99 you'll enjoy it more.  And I thought you were a little too tough on Ac!d (you misspelled the name of the game BTW, the 'i' is actually an exclamation point).  People who bought it knowing they were in for a rough ride and managed to master it (as I did when I reviewed it for another website) can derive some satisfaction from beating the beast.  And Konami actually made the second Ac!d game much user-friendly and forgiving, so they learned their lesson from going too hardcore with the first one.  I'd give it a C or C-, unlike the A or A- I'd bestow to Namco Museum Collection.

VG-Robot

Postby VG-Robot » June 14th, 2006, 2:24 am

"The guards are complete idiots, heading in random directions even after detecting your presence."

Actually, the reason they do that, is so they can call for backup on their radio. The guards in the other MGS games do it all the time.

I actually really liked Acid. It has some weird bits to it that need to be learned before you can understand and have fun, yeah, but it gets very good. I know card games seem stupid, but this one worked well for me, and I totally enjoyed it.

I don't know. I can see giving it a low score if you just could not understand it, but...Eh. I don't know. It seemed fine to me.

Return to “Review Feedback”