6/13/2006: PSP: Capcom Classics Remixed, Metal Gear Acid

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VG-Robot

Postby VG-Robot » June 15th, 2006, 6:07 pm

All I am saying, is, you need to understand that Acid is pretty much a boardgame--or else you are not going to enjoy it. I really liked it, I can see how other people could NOT like it. I could not see it getting an F, unless the person did not understand how to play it completely.
The second one is also better, by the way.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » June 15th, 2006, 9:39 pm

[QUOTE=VG-Robot]

All I am saying, is, you need to understand that Acid is pretty much a boardgame--or else you are not going to enjoy it. I really liked it, I can see how other people could NOT like it. I could not see it getting an F, unless the person did not understand how to play it completely.
The second one is also better, by the way.

[/QUOTE]

Wait, you just said you understand how someone can not like it but you said you couldn't imagine it getting an F.  Don't those things counterdict each other?

VG-Robot

Postby VG-Robot » June 16th, 2006, 1:19 am

Not liking a game, and considering it one of the worst games of all time, is a huge difference.

Leo Ames

Postby Leo Ames » June 16th, 2006, 2:24 am

You guys just need to get thicker skin and ignore Koopa and Boston. Everyone knew how they'd respond the minute everyone read the post here about the Critic buying a PSP.

I look forward to more reviews. I'd love one with several titles such as the Namco collection, but I just can't afford it yet.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 16th, 2006, 4:37 am

I think its important to bear in mind the Critic's tastes.  I haven't really seen him look positively on any turn based games before (maybe I missed them?) and he doesn't seem to have much in the way of strategy games collection.  So an F from him for this genre doesn't mean that AC!D is such a bad game just that it doesn't appeal to people who don't like strategy games.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » June 16th, 2006, 2:49 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

I think its important to bear in mind the Critic's tastes.  I haven't really seen him look positively on any turn based games before (maybe I missed them?) and he doesn't seem to have much in the way of strategy games collection.  So an F from him for this genre doesn't mean that AC!D is such a bad game just that it doesn't appeal to people who don't like strategy games.

[/QUOTE]

He gave advanced wars and vandal hearts both A's what are those chopped liver?  Face it card battle games suck, not just ac!d but really any of them.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » June 16th, 2006, 6:14 pm

Like I said in my post maybe I missed them.  But you have to admit they are an under represented genre on here.

And to quote his Vandal Hearts review "I'm not a big RPG/Strategy fan" so my statement still kind of stands.

In real life card battle games are great so I don't see why they would necesarily have to such in electronic form.

sega saturn x

Postby sega saturn x » June 16th, 2006, 7:00 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

Like I said in my post maybe I missed them.  But you have to admit they are an under represented genre on here.

And to quote his Vandal Hearts review "I'm not a big RPG/Strategy fan" so my statement still kind of stands.

In real life card battle games are boring so I don't see why they need to be made in electronic form.

[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree but it shows it isn't him, if a game's high quality he likes it if not well...yeah.

And I fixed your card battle statememnt.

Return to “Review Feedback”