All the way through?

General and high profile video game topics.
Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » December 22nd, 2014, 2:51 pm

Just Finished Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris on Ps4.
I still wish this would have been a retail release as advertised
but was still a good game none the less.

Ozzy

Vexer1

All the way through?

Postby Vexer1 » December 22nd, 2014, 6:50 pm

Recently finished "Escape Dead Island" for the 360, it's an interesting spin-off from the DI series with it's Borderlands-esque art style and LOST-inspired story.

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » December 22nd, 2014, 10:51 pm

Vexer i know you posted in the other forum post as well, but
still glad to see someone showing this game some love lol
as i thought it was great !!!!

Rev1

All the way through?

Postby Rev1 » December 28th, 2014, 11:58 pm

I just beat Duck Tales for the NES. I haven't played this one before and I sat down this afternoon and figured out the first two stages, than came back and breezed through the whole game in about 50 minutes. Having no continues is rough and the pogo sticking takes some getting used to but I really loved this game. It looks great and has wonderful music. I also loved how much exploring there was to the 5 levels and how I got to explore each nook and cranny of the stages to try and find extra levels and other treasures. I'd give the game an A-. Great game.

NAC1

All the way through?

Postby NAC1 » January 8th, 2015, 3:15 am

I finally collected all 180 emblems in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

I really enjoyed mastering the three main gameplay styles and earning A-ranks. I'll admit that the Knuckles/Rouge emerald-hunting stages were not love at first sight for me, but they grew on me, and now I actually kinda enjoy them.

What I did not enjoy, however, were the chao garden mini-games. Victory in these games never come down to skill. Instead, they come down to luck and the amount of time consumed. I eventually grew bored and then used the infinite animal glitch to help speed things up. Even then, however, earning the chao garden emblems was an ordeal!

Worst of all, the 3D Green Hill Zone stage is pretty lame. The stage looks awful with its messy 2D pixelated background and its dated polygons. Even worse, the camera is all over the place in the stage, which eliminates the thrill of exploration, and even cause me to run off cliffs that I couldn't see! It was very tempting to unlock a fully 3D version of the most iconic Sonic the Hedgehog stage of all time, but the execution was done poorly. Overall, I don't think unlocking this shoddy version of the beloved stage was worth the trouble of collecting all 180 emblems. It's only worth it if the player enjoys all gameplay styles in Sonic Adventure 2, including the chao garden!

Vexer1

All the way through?

Postby Vexer1 » January 9th, 2015, 2:57 am

I agree 100%, those damn Chao gardens were the reason why I could never got all the emblems as a kid, I just didn't have the patience to earn those emblems(well that and my Dreamcast died), so I never got to unlock Green Hill Zone.  I've been thinking of buying the game on Live and trying to get them all again.

I didn't mind the hunting stages too much once I got used to the locations, ironically I actually found it much easier to get an A rank in hard mode then in normal mode(in hard mode the emeralds are always in the same place, so it's easy once you devise the quickest path to get them all, whereas in normal getting an A rank comes down to luck more often since the locations are different every time).

nesfan1

All the way through?

Postby nesfan1 » February 24th, 2015, 9:13 am

I just beat the PSP version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I'm a little disappointed that they rerecorded the voice acting. Dracula's "What is a man?" speech wasn't half as funny or entertaining as it was in the original Playstation release. But that was the only disappointment. It was still as fun as it always has been. I managed to nab a crissaegrim this time so I breezed through the latter half of the game.

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » February 24th, 2015, 5:47 pm

I just finished Far Cry 4 on Ps4. This is the first of the series I've played
and it was definetly very good and makes wanna go back and check out
the others!

Ozzy

Rev1

All the way through?

Postby Rev1 » March 1st, 2015, 1:06 pm

I finished Diddy Konig Racing a couple days ago. I was craving a single player kart racer so I went back to this game. I haven't played it in years and I have always had a fondness for the game since I view it as one of the better kart racers for the N64. Still, I don't know what was so different this time, but after I got used to the controls and the racing mechanics (it took a few races to get the hang of it again) I really didn't have as good of a time as I remember. The graphics were all right and the tracks were short and to the point but everything seemed almost too simple. The power ups feel a bit bland as the only one that is really helpful is the blue balloons which give you a speed boost. Also, racing the same track at least 3 times a world gets a bit boring (first race, silver coin challenge, and then trophy race, which you still have time trial mode after that if you want T.T.). The boss races also feel a bit cheap at times, especially the dragon on world 4 and the octopus on world 3. Despite those things, it kept me interested; I can't help but feel like I've been spoiled by the newer Mario Kart games. I think the game is better than Mario Kart 64, especially the single player experience but damn... Wasn't the hoot I remember.

Note- I played this game no longer than a couple years ago so it hasn't been that long since I played it last.

Rev1

All the way through?

Postby Rev1 » March 2nd, 2015, 8:06 pm

I just beat Mega Man 7 today. This has got to be one of the easiest MM games I've played and one of the few that I've finished. I really love the Super Adapter which merges Mega Man and Rush together. I found that the suit was my preferred option unless I was at a spot where the arm attack would lock onto a weird enemy or I needed to slide. The extra jump/glide was also very useful in getting around tricky jumps. I think the biggest reason this game was easier was the final 4 stages after the 8 main bosses, gave you passwords and a break to restock up on Energy Capsules, lives, and more. Still, I don't get how more people don't like this game. I found the stage designs fun, the power ups useful, and it looked almost as good as Mega Man 8 on the PS1/Saturn. The game also encourages stage exploration so you can find all the upgrades. It's definitely a better game than it's sequel. Anyway, this was a good game and I had fun with it.

Return to “Video Games General”