All the way through?

General and high profile video game topics.
Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » March 3rd, 2015, 12:30 am

Just finished the Ps4 edition of Dead Nation.
Great game!

Ozzy

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » March 14th, 2015, 3:34 am

Just finished Devil May Cry Definitive edition for Ps4.
Very well done!!!

Ozzy

Rev1

All the way through?

Postby Rev1 » March 15th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Cleared Super Mario World 100% on SNES. It's been a really long time since I've played this game and I was wanting to delve into a platformer so I plugged this in a couple days ago. I just beat it today. First time I actually went for 100% completion in this game. The hardest level for me was the Valley Fortress... I must've died like 20 times before I cleared it. Great game. One of my favorite Mario games.

shootingstar1

All the way through?

Postby shootingstar1 » March 21st, 2015, 12:00 am

Wow Rev, good job on beating MM7.  I tried to beat it but Wily's second form was too difficult for me.  Which was quite sad because I've beaten 1-6 and 8.  I should try another go someday.

Anyway, just finished Vandal Hearts yesterday.  Great game.

Vexer1

All the way through?

Postby Vexer1 » March 21st, 2015, 4:30 am

Recently finished Battlefield Hardline.

nesfan1

All the way through?

Postby nesfan1 » March 23rd, 2015, 9:44 am

I just beat Pokemon Silver Version for Gameboy Color. Beating the game was the easy part. Now I have to fill out the Pokedex. Gotta catch 'em all!

Ozzybear1

All the way through?

Postby Ozzybear1 » March 26th, 2015, 4:21 am

Just finished all the missions on a game called Tennis in the Face on Ps4.
It was only .95 cents on Psn so I figured what the hell. It ended up being
a pretty decent angry birds style game but with its own touch.

Ozzy

velcrozombie1

All the way through?

Postby velcrozombie1 » March 30th, 2015, 8:48 am

Just finished the main levels of Super Mario 3D World (I got a Wii U recently with some of my tax return money). I've never played any of the 3D Mario games before (barring a brief session with Mario Galaxy), but this game was just as good as everyone said it would be. Tons of polish and attention to detail, a constant stream of new ideas and gameplay modes and tons of charm and personality: pretty much everything you'd expect from a Mario game. The only things I'd say against it is that the first level is a bit slow and basic (which is understandable) and sometimes it's hard to tell if you're going to land on a platform or not (which may be partially attributed to the fact that I haven't played a lot of 3d platformers in the past). Haven't played the game co-op, so I curious as to how well that would work. Game deserves a least an A-.

nesfan

Re: All the way through?

Postby nesfan » April 18th, 2015, 6:15 am

I just beat Pier Solar and the Great Architects on the Genesis. I'm so glad I waited so long for my pre-order. It was totally worth it. The battle system was awesome. I loved the characters. The story was great and it got pretty heavy later on. I can't wait to play more games from Watermelon (the developer of Pier Solar) in the future.

Atariboy

Re: All the way through?

Postby Atariboy » April 18th, 2015, 8:09 pm

velcrozombie1 wrote:The only things I'd say against it is that the first level is a bit slow and basic (which is understandable) and sometimes it's hard to tell if you're going to land on a platform or not (which may be partially attributed to the fact that I haven't played a lot of 3d platformers in the past). Haven't played the game co-op, so I curious as to how well that would work. Game deserves a least an A-.

I'm halfway through and loving every moment of it.

My only complaint is with Pro Controller support. I knew going in that the Captain Toad levels were locked to the gamepad, although I haven't seen the need for that requirement with the two that I've done so far (I assume that's going to change later in the game). But I really wondered how I was going to do the regular level that has me touching platforms to open them up, necessary to progress forward (Level 2-2, I think).

The first time I tried my Pro Controller with this game, I went there and got my answer. It simply just doesn't work and is gamepad only, which seems like a high price to play for a mechanic that didn't add anything to the experience as I saw it.

I do like that level, but I wish they had done it a bit differently and perhaps had these platforms opening and closing on their own, on a timed basis.

Return to “Video Games General”