6/25/2006: Colecovision: Carnival, Dukes of Hazzard, Omega Race

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 25th, 2006, 12:46 am

Let's here what you have to say about these.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » June 25th, 2006, 6:51 am

...good reviews as usual dave. I've been wondering for YEARS what the CV Dukes of Hazzard is like...does this game use the driving module? Because I have a PROTOTYPE game made by FOX GAMES OF THE CENTURY called "THE FALL GUY" for CV, and except for a blue car hood it looks almost identical to this, down to the jumping and cars and scenery! Only diff is that at certain points on THE FALL GUY, you enter "backlot scenery buildings" and have to move a lil' guy up the screen by SOMERSAULTING over barriers (no jumping here!)...it is hard as heck but if you get the bad guy at the top you move on to the next level. It supposedly uses the Driving controller (I don't have that) but plays as well with the joystick, using the second stick for shifting gears...I always kida liked this game. I got this along with the prototypes for YOLKS ON YOU (also by fox), VIDEO HUSTLER (based on the arcade Pool game by Konami) , SUPER SUB-ROC and SUPER CABBAGE PATCH KIDS in the mid 80's. (As I said of all systems I'm biggest on CV!) ... I thought that OMEGA RACE on CV was rather poor compared to the outstanding VIC-20 computer version (nearly IDENTICAL to the coin-op!), until I played it with the Roller controller! I thought you should've mentioned the RC makes it much more fun!

Cody

Postby Cody » June 28th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Alienblue, I just read an article on gamegrandpas.com about info on the Colecovision system and the guy said that The Dukesof Hazard uses the expansion module 2 driving controller.

matmico399

Re: 6/25/2006: Colecovision: Carnival, Dukes of Hazzard, Omega Race

Postby matmico399 » October 28th, 2021, 11:15 am

I always wanted Dukes. It looks like a very early version of Hard Drivin on the Genesis.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » October 28th, 2021, 7:39 pm

matmico399 wrote:I always wanted Dukes. It looks like a very early version of Hard Drivin on the Genesis.

Thanks for bringing this back. First, I miss Alienblue, and second, I remember reading this review 15 years ago and being impressed by how concisely VGC reviewed Dukes of Hazzard, and really wanting to see the game just based on Dave’s review. I think this earlier review really shines, always thought so.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 8th, 2021, 11:10 am

Great review of Carnival. That game was so great on the Coleco.

Return to “Review Feedback”