7/2/2006: Super Nintendo: Robocop Vs. Terminator, Super Black Bass

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 2nd, 2006, 10:56 am

It's been too long since I updated this section.  More SNES reviews are on the way.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » July 2nd, 2006, 5:35 pm

Nice reviews Critic.  While I would have given Robocop vs Terminator a much lower score I have to admit that it would be a biased review.  I have been spoiled by the Genesis version of this game which in my opinion is exceptionally better.  Do yourself a favor and find the action packed Genesis game.  Its vastly different from the SNES and I think you will find the visceral non-stop action to be superior.  The SNES game is also censored (Genesis has quite a bit of blood) and this always pissed me off about Nintendo.  They ruined Mortal Kombat and they should have learned from that never to censor games again. Just let the companies make the game they way they wanted to.  The subject matter here is very dark, so having a game made in the same tone should be exceptable. 

I remember Super Black Bass being fun when I was a kid, but I bet your review is dead on.  If I played it today I probably would get bored real quick.  The best fishing games ever are on the Dreamcast...

WaldetH

Postby WaldetH » July 2nd, 2006, 10:00 pm

I usually prefer SNES versions over Genesis, but Robocop vs Terminator is better on genesis. More fun and better graphics.

Alienblue

Postby Alienblue » July 3rd, 2006, 6:31 am

Robocop vs. Terminator was one of the few games I ever rented. The above view is correct, the GENESIS version walks all over the SNES one!...not just because of the added blood, guts and SCREAMS but the better animation, smoother play and better audio. It isn't just this game (The Jungle Book is another); even though the SNES has better specs doesn't mean SNES games are always superior. With better programming, Genesis versions quite often come out on top....

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 3rd, 2006, 11:21 am

I must track down the Genesis version at all costs!

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » July 3rd, 2006, 12:54 pm

There has been a new/sealed copy of the genesis game floating around on ebay for $29.99.  It was there a few days ago, but perhaps the Critic snatched it up!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the Genesis game was better.  I bought the SNES game thinking it would be the same as the genesis, but man was I wrong. 

koopa

Postby koopa » July 3rd, 2006, 3:28 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven] The best fishing games ever are on the Dreamcast...

[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ! My favorite fishing game is Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge for PS2, because it is so realistic, and really captures the fun of fishing! I hate that you don't get to skin and cook your catch, though. That is the best thing about fishing.

BTW, Does anyone know if that new DS budget fishing game is good?

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » July 3rd, 2006, 4:28 pm

[QUOTE=koopa]
I beg to differ! My favorite fishing game is Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge for PS2, because it is so realistic, and really captures the fun of fishing! I hate that you don't get to skin and cook your catch, though. That is the best thing about fishing.
 [/QUOTE]

Have you ever played the fishing games on the Dreamcast?  Once you play a game with the dreamcast fishing controller its hard to use anything else.  Also who wants fishing games to be very realistic?  I used to fish back in the day and its more relaxing than fun.  Sure the fight of a fish is very exiciting, but you only get a few hits a day if any.  Sega Marine Fishing is the best fishing game because it has tons of energy, its easy to play and there is tons of challenge.  Get a bunch of friends and have a contest on who can catch the biggest fish in that game and you will understand what I'm talking bout.  The thrill of fighting a 200+ lb shark only to watch the line snap moments before you finish reeling it in is one of the most exicting fishing experience you can have in a game (your buddies will mock you to no end)!

The second best fishing franchise is Reel Fishing.  It has ultra-realistic settings, serene music and fantastic fish fights.  Its been available on several system since the PS1.

I believe the fishing game is Super Black Bass DS and I've wanted to try it, but the reviews have been pretty terrible.  Sorry if that didn't help much.

Koopa W.

Postby Koopa W. » July 3rd, 2006, 6:15 pm

[QUOTE=JustLikeHeaven]
Have you ever played the fishing games on the Dreamcast? 

The second best fishing franchise is Reel Fishing.  It has ultra-realistic settings, serene music and fantastic fish fights.  Its been available on several system since the PS1.

I believe the fishing game is Super Black Bass DS and I've wanted to try it, but the reviews have been pretty terrible.  Sorry if that didn't help much.
[/QUOTE]

I wish I could play the DC fishing games! I've never played a DC, though I would love to have one and scavenger a lot locally for them (I am not old enough to shop online, and my parents will not purchase online because they think it is all an evil, money-stealing scam.

I believe that Reel Fishing III is on the PS2. I will check GamEBstop for it. Those, while the closest is 40 min. away, are super prevalent in the Fla. panhandle where I live. The one that is 40 min. away is in a mall, and I go there a LOT!

I have heard bad things about SBBDS (the name had escaped me) as well, but it will probably end up on my Xmas wish list.

Matt

PS To All Nintendogs owners: Your Nintendog is my Nintendog's b***h! J/K!

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » July 3rd, 2006, 8:29 pm

[QUOTE=Koopa W.]

I wish I could play the DC fishing games! I've never played a DC, though I would love to have one and scavenger a lot locally for them (I am not old enough to shop online, and my parents will not purchase online because they think it is all an evil, money-stealing scam.

I believe that Reel Fishing III is on the PS2. I will check GamEBstop for it.

[/QUOTE]

You poor soul...You don't know what you're missing on the Dreamcast.  I'm not just talking about fishing games either.  One day you will track that system down and it will make you one happy gamer!  Trust me on this.

Yes, I think you are correct about Reel Fishing III being on the PS2.  Its not the same as playing it with a Dreamcast fishing rod controller, but that game is still fun!

Return to “Review Feedback”