2011/1/25: Dreamcast: Fast Striker, Mr. Driller, Rush Rush Rally Racing DX

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 25th, 2011, 8:57 pm

Here are three excellent Dreamcast review you're sure to enjoy.  Rush Rush Rally and Fast Striker are two imports you may not have heard of, but they deliver solid 2D action.  Mr. Driller is okay, but it didn't "click" with me as it has with some of you. 

What do you think??

Blueguy93

Postby Blueguy93 » January 25th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Glad to know the old Dreamcast is still rolling strong.

QF

Postby QF » January 25th, 2011, 11:38 pm

I love those 2d car games but I'm horrible at them( ex micro machines). I wrote Fast Striker off, I'll have to give it a try. I can't wait for Sturmwind to get here.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » January 25th, 2011, 11:38 pm

Never heard of Rush Rush Rally Racing DX. Looks like it's right up my alley too. Never bought a Dreamcast homebrew or independent non-licensed release, so this will be my first.

Luke

Postby Luke » January 26th, 2011, 2:54 am

[QUOTE=QF]I love those 2d car games but I'm horrible at them( ex micro machines). I wrote Fast Striker off, I'll have to give it a try. I can't wait for Sturmwind to get here. [/QUOTE]Yup, can't wait for Sturmwind either. I hope it turns out well

Sudz1

Postby Sudz1 » January 27th, 2011, 5:13 pm

I'm surprised you didn't give Mr. Driller a slightly higher grade, I thought that after finding the 'slow and deliberate' technique to be superior it gave you a renewed interest in the game.  It was, admittedly, difficult to really think about what to do next given the fast pace of the game.

Quiet Flight

Postby Quiet Flight » January 28th, 2011, 12:33 am

[QUOTE=Luke][QUOTE=QF]I love those 2d car games but I'm horrible at them( ex micro machines). I wrote Fast Striker off, I'll have to give it a try. I can't wait for Sturmwind to get here. [/QUOTE]Yup, can't wait for Sturmwind either. I hope it turns out well[/QUOTE]

I ordered it. It seems to remind me of the Thunderforce game that DC didn't get.

Cafeman1

Postby Cafeman1 » January 29th, 2011, 10:09 am

I haven't been here in a while, and it was nice to catch up with recent reviews like these DC ones. I wasn't aware of Rush Rush Rally - it looks to be a lot of fun, good review too.   I have always considered Mr. Driller to be gem on the DC - I never saw it available elsewhere and it is quite fun. I really don't get the strategy either, but I've beaten it regardless.

Sudz1

Postby Sudz1 » January 29th, 2011, 12:06 pm

[QUOTE=Cafeman]

I haven't been here in a while, and it was nice to catch up with recent reviews like these DC ones. I wasn't aware of Rush Rush Rally - it looks to be a lot of fun, good review too.   I have always considered Mr. Driller to be gem on the DC - I never saw it available elsewhere and it is quite fun. I really don't get the strategy either, but I've beaten it regardless.

[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be happy with your purchase; the game was a lot of fun, although a little difficult until you had run the races a couple of times and gotten used to the track layouts.  Good multiplayer action though!

0-Storm

Postby 0-Storm » February 2nd, 2011, 11:06 am

I enjoyed Mr. Driller on an arcade machine. On the easy setting you can just blast threw to the bottom. On the hardest setting you needed to plan a bit more. I would've enjoyed the game more if it lasted longer. I remember beating it in only a few minutes.

Return to “Review Feedback”