2011/2/22: Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Not Available

2011/2/22: Genesis: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Postby Not Available » February 24th, 2011, 5:10 pm

Seriously, at least one of those games should get an A+ because there's too many overrated pieces of excrement getting A+s and hardly any GOOD games getting A+s (If any).

Paul C

Postby Paul C » February 24th, 2011, 11:05 pm

[QUOTE=Not Available]Seriously, at least one of those games should get an A+ because there's too many overrated pieces of excrement getting A+s and hardly any GOOD games getting A+s (If any).
[/QUOTE]

You must be talking about another site because Dave rarely gives out any A+'s...

Not Available

Postby Not Available » February 24th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 4
Perfect Dark
New Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Brothers 3
Mario Kart
Call of Duty: Black Ops

All horrible games that have gotten A+

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » February 24th, 2011, 11:13 pm

If you consider something like Super Mario Brothers 3 a horrible game, I sure hope he doesn't listen to you.

Bunnycorn

Postby Bunnycorn » February 24th, 2011, 11:16 pm

So basically... Any game with Mario in it and any 3D game with guns in it, regardless of whether they are shooters or not, are automatically horrible games?

Orion1

Postby Orion1 » February 24th, 2011, 11:22 pm

[QUOTE=Not Available]Metal Gear Solid
Resident Evil 4
Perfect Dark
New Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Brothers 3
Mario Kart

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sure is the bottom of the barrel there.  Especially Super Mario Galaxy.  Every time I play that game for three hours into the night I think to myself, "Man this gameplay is horrible."  I wish I could NOT be hopping from planet to planet with perfect control while watching vivid graphics and listening to orchestral music.

Fingers dripping ink

Postby Fingers dripping ink » February 25th, 2011, 2:07 am

Resident Evil 4
Perfect Dark
New Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Brothers 3
Mario Kart

[/QUOTE]

"Horrible games," eh? In that case, you have the floor, Not Available. Besides one of the Sonic games, what games make up your "best of" list?

Bowser102

Postby Bowser102 » February 25th, 2011, 6:46 am

I suppose it's a subjective thing.. if you don't like the levels from either game, you're not going to like the levels any more if the two carts are locked together.

That said, there's more to Sonic 3 & Knuckles than just hastily lopping the two sets of levels together;  there's a lot of changes, both subtle and dramatic, that changed the overall product.  It's truly the way it was meant to be played. 

I'm a little disappointed at the score and review myself..  You talk of things which serve to slow the game down, but for like, what, a couple seconds? Obviously it's a matter of preference if you like the more snappy pacing of Sonic 2's zones, but how about do your best not to get hit by these enemies like any other danger in the game.  These slow parts in Sonic 3 are no where near as laborious as some segments in Sonic 1.

I can only suggest to give S3&K yet another shot, because it really is a masterpiece of 2D gaming.  Extremely polished, challenging, with great exploration and variations with each character.  The sphere mini-game is also a pretty big step up from the mini-game in Sonic 2, imo.  Perhaps with a little more time spent checking them out, you'll see they're well done too. 

Or... perhaps not.  Either way, I can say without hesitation that S3&K is one of the best games ever made.

McTom

Postby McTom » February 25th, 2011, 8:27 am

I always like Sonic 3 the best... Sonic 2 is a good second. Sonic 1 is alright, of course it was the first, but it as too many stages (especially Marble and Labyrinth Zone) that are just too annoying.

Not Available

Postby Not Available » February 25th, 2011, 5:27 pm

[QUOTE=Orion]

Resident Evil 4
Perfect Dark
New Super Mario Brothers
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Brothers 3
Mario Kart

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that sure is the bottom of the barrel there.  Especially Super Mario Galaxy.  Every time I play that game for three hours into the night I think to myself, "Man this gameplay is horrible."  I wish I could NOT be hopping from planet to planet with perfect control while watching vivid graphics and listening to orchestral music.

[/QUOTE]

Perfect Control: My hinnie!
Vivid Graphics: For the Wii, is that saying much? Plus, Graphics do not good game make.
Orchestral Music: Wow, the worst kind of video-game music. Even if it is professional, it never EVER sounds good.

Return to “Review Feedback”