left-handed controllers.

General and high profile video game topics.
Ginnican

left-handed controllers.

Postby Ginnican » April 25th, 2005, 6:24 pm

Do you know if there's ever been a controller for any game system that has the joystick on the right hand side, and the shooting buttons on the left hand side?

Dennis

left-handed controllers.

Postby Dennis » April 25th, 2005, 7:23 pm

No, but Super Pac-Man has a button on either side.  That's the only game I use my right hand on the joystick for.

sega saturn x

left-handed controllers.

Postby sega saturn x » April 25th, 2005, 9:36 pm

Theres a farmer ps2 controller like that.

Emu Dan

left-handed controllers.

Postby Emu Dan » April 26th, 2005, 9:28 am

[QUOTE=Ginnican]Do you know if there's ever been a controller for any game system that has the joystick on the right hand side, and the shooting buttons on the left hand side? [/QUOTE]

Yes.  Atari 2600.  Also, the Atari 5200 and 7800 (joystick) controllers could be used with either hand because they had buttons on both sides.  I think Coleco and Intellivision were also like that, but unfortunately, I've never owned either one.

Dan

Space Guppy

left-handed controllers.

Postby Space Guppy » April 26th, 2005, 4:42 pm

Remember Donkey Kong's arcade cabinet? It catered to the left handed ink smearing public

Jeff

left-handed controllers.

Postby Jeff » April 26th, 2005, 5:05 pm

[QUOTE=Ginnican]Do you know if there's ever been a controller for any game system that has the joystick on the right hand side, and the shooting buttons on the left hand side? [/QUOTE]

While it's not a controller, the Atari Lynx portable system lets you play like that. It lets you "flip" the screen upside down and it has a second set of buttons for lefties to play with the joypad on the right and the buttons on the left.

Alienblue

left-handed controllers.

Postby Alienblue » April 27th, 2005, 1:01 am

...some games on the VIC-20 and Atari 2600
(SCORPION for VIC comes to mind) allow you to rotate
the stick 90 degrees and use it left handed.

Return to “Video Games General”