Debates you are tired of.

General and high profile video game topics.
Hardcore_Sadism1

Postby Hardcore_Sadism1 » June 27th, 2011, 9:14 pm

To keep it simple, rants that appear everywhere on Videogame sites. 

Such as the "Hardcore" Vs. "Casual" stigma, one I hate with a passion because it tries to fit the value of a game in only one, very small category. Give it a rest, families can play family-focused games, let them be.

Another would be Console Vs. PC, but that's easy because I hardly play favorites with hardware. But there is not much wiggle room comparing the two anyway, go figure.

"Grand Theft Auto IV sucks (mostly because of it's story)." 
I figure this is all too typical when a franchise becomes an HD sandbox. These debates usually stem from the idea that "new = impossibly complicated" runs as an actual rule of thumb. 

Luke

Postby Luke » June 28th, 2011, 4:17 am

Yeah. I'm really sick of the "Console vs PC" debates. I see on almost every message board. Especially when it comes to first-person shooters. People go on and on about how PC's are basically the ONLY way to play these games and I just get so tired of the ignorance.

Leo1

Postby Leo1 » June 28th, 2011, 5:07 am

I guess they prefer having the best possible control for their first person shooters. It's hardly ignorance.

Viper821

Postby Viper821 » June 28th, 2011, 11:24 am

I'm tired of the (console) vs (console) debates when it's shaped as a black and white issue. As a SNES fan, why can't I also have appreciate for the excellent Genesis as well?

snakeboy1

Postby snakeboy1 » June 28th, 2011, 12:35 pm

I'm sick of any debate involving Nintendo. I've deliberately stayed away from those topics for a few months now.

Michael Prymula

Postby Michael Prymula » June 28th, 2011, 1:00 pm

I'm sick of the "older games vs newer games" debate and the 2D vs 3D debate, why can't I just enjoy both of them in their own ways?

Luke

Postby Luke » June 28th, 2011, 1:52 pm

[QUOTE=Leo]I guess they prefer having the best possible control for their first person shooters. It's hardly ignorance.
[/QUOTE]Using the arrow keys on a keyboard will never be better than using a really nice d-pad or thumbstick.

soporj1

Postby soporj1 » June 28th, 2011, 2:13 pm

I'll tell you what I'm tired of: people saying things like "suxor" and "pwned".

oldschoolgamer

Postby oldschoolgamer » June 28th, 2011, 2:28 pm

[QUOTE=Viper82]

I'm tired of the (console) vs (console) debates when it's shaped as a black and white issue. As a SNES fan, why can't I also have appreciate for the excellent Genesis as well?

[/QUOTE]

Because part of the fun of the 90s was waging the great Jihad against the Sega infidels.

JesusSaves

Postby JesusSaves » June 28th, 2011, 3:08 pm

The whole Online Gaming/Downloads debate.

Return to “Video Games General”