L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
gilly

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby gilly » September 5th, 2011, 12:10 pm

You can check your cell phone for scheduled appointments and the current date and time. So you will know it's 4pm Tuesday and you have a scheduled date for 8pm Thursday in the Bronx, aka Bohan.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 5th, 2011, 12:46 pm

I can't stand games with schedules!  Too much like real life!

Blueguy93

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby Blueguy93 » September 5th, 2011, 6:49 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]I can't stand games with schedules!  Too much like real life! [/QUOTE]

But critic, it brings the fun of actual work to video game life! Is there anything better than that?

MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 9th, 2011, 2:39 am

Also, taking a cab everywhere kinda destroys the whole sandbox element of the game.

I wanna be able to roam freely, not be confined to a taxicab.

gilly

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby gilly » September 10th, 2011, 2:18 am

[QUOTE=MoonMetropolis]Also, taking a cab everywhere kinda destroys the whole sandbox element of the game.

I wanna be able to roam freely, not be confined to a taxicab.
[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, you can roam freely all you want. I love driving all over the place! I' just making suggestions since you seem to hate driving and are having difficulty meeting your dates. Actually you seem to dislike any suggestion to your difficulty. Clearly you're mind is set on not liking this incredible game and I cannot help you. I give up.

MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 19th, 2011, 4:02 am

You can roam freely all you want, but incredibly slow.  I want to be able to drive and make turns without the car swerving all the way around.  Taking a taxi everywhere is extremely inconvenient and costs money.  Overall, GTA IV just isn't very good.  I loved Chinatown Wars, but GTA IV doesn't have the fun factor.  It's BIG, but that doesn't make it fun.

Michael Prymula

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby Michael Prymula » September 19th, 2011, 12:29 pm

How is taking a Taxi "inconvient"?  You earn money pretty fast in the game and it dosen't cost THAT much to take a cab.

MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 19th, 2011, 1:11 pm

Because you can't just take a cab EVERYWHERE.  It's supposed to be an open-world sandbox game.

gilly

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby gilly » September 20th, 2011, 10:06 pm

You can take a cab absolutely anywhere! Highlight where you wish to go on your map, and take a cab to that mark. And you can never run out of money in this game so stop it. Frankly, most of your critique on this extraordinary game seems like silly nit picking by someone that clearly does not get it or want to get it.

MoonMetropolis

L.A. Noire (Xbox 360)

Postby MoonMetropolis » September 20th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Yes, you can run out of money.  Taking a cab everywhere is possible, but it certainly isn't fun or practical - the game charges you an ADDITIONAL fee to skip the cab ride.  The game is a classic example of style over substance.  The missions become repetitive quickly, there is no customization like in San Andreas, the AI is incredibly stupid, and there's hardly anything to do in the city besides walk around and kill pigeons.  I have a feeling many of the critics who gave the game a perfect score were on Rockstar's payroll.  In fact, I'm pretty sure anything Rockstar puts out will automatically be given rave reviews.

I "don't get it"?  Does that make any sense?  You sound like one of those hipsters who says an album is "2 deep 4 u" because someone didn't like it.

Return to “Now Playing”