Assassin's Creed II

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
ActRaiser1

Assassin's Creed II

Postby ActRaiser1 » September 29th, 2011, 2:54 pm

I played the living crap out of this game.

If you're not familar with it, it's an open world third-person adventure.  You take on the role of Ezio seeking to revenge the death of his family in 15th Century Italy.  As you proceed through your adventure you'll gain the skills of an assassin and acquire an understanding of what happened in the first game while further progressing the story of Desmond (your 21st century self).

The first one had a lot great concepts but often times it was too difficult to understand when you were being watched and when you could stroll wherever you wanted.  Now, you can clearly tell when the guards are watching you.  They've squared away what was a C game and opened it up to an A level game.

Anyone else play this one?

Oltobaz1

Assassin's Creed II

Postby Oltobaz1 » September 29th, 2011, 3:05 pm

I played through the three games on PS3, and even beat the
PSP game, that one not being so great though. But the three HD
games are really something, and I can't recommend Brotherhood enough,
the third game in the series, as a direct sequel to Assassin's Creed 2, it's
serves its purpose well. Can't wait for the upcoming Revelations game!

Retro STrife

Re: Assassin's Creed II

Postby Retro STrife » November 15th, 2018, 12:28 pm

I just started this game last weekend and liking it so far, even though I'm still in the first few missions. I've never played an Assassin's Creed game before. Back when the series started, I didn't have much interest in it -- it sounded decent, but like there were better options to use my gaming time. But the series has become one of the more prominent since then (in part because Ubisoft has milked it to death, but people keep buying it). So I figured I should at least play one game in the series, to get a sense of what it's all about. I choose Assassin's Creed II because it's the best-reviewed game in the series, and it seems to be the most respected (along with its direct sequel, Brotherhood).

Some of the controls are really awkward, both in terms of movement and combat. So far it reminds me a lot of Uncharted because of all the climbing, although everything else about the two games is very different. And Uncharted controls much better than this. Yet there's something about the game that allows me to overlook the odd controls, and I'm intrigued by what comes next... I haven't even gotten to the meat of the game. I can definitely see this being an A range game from my initial impressions, and at worst a B range game. I'll try to give a final thought on that once I'm much further along.

ActRaiser

Re: Assassin's Creed II

Postby ActRaiser » November 15th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Glad you're giving it a go. Brotherhood may be an even better game. Revelations was a bit of a downer compared to the prior games.

I never made it very far in either 3 or 4. At that point I was burned out on the series. Fun times regardless

Return to “Now Playing”