What games are you most excited for?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » October 4th, 2011, 11:48 am

So the big fall/early winter season is upon us and that means companies will be rolling out their biggest and best titles?  What games are you dying to get your hands on?

Here are the few that I'm pretty sure I'll buy:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - I'm a shameless Zelda nut and I won't be without this game.  I'll probably get suckered in and buy the collectors edition with Golden Wiimote and music CD as well!

Saints Row the 3rd - Saints Row 2 is one of my favorite games of this generation.  The game is flat out fun to play and completely absurd at the same time. All indications are that the 3rd game will be more ludicrous and zany.  Sounds perfect to me.

Resistance 3 - I wasn't really keen on this one, but the Ratchet and Clank upgrade system for the weapons is a step in the right direction.  Losing regenerating health bars and being able to hold more than 2 weapons sealed the deal.  

James McCloud

Postby James McCloud » October 4th, 2011, 12:29 pm

You know what I am going to do Just Like Heaven?

I am going to wait until Black Friday and go try to buy a 3DS and some games. I want that new Mario Kart in the worst way! Also that Shinobi game looks quite nice.

bluemonkey1

Postby bluemonkey1 » October 4th, 2011, 4:14 pm

Cash is an issue at the moment but there's two titles I am totally getting:

-Saints Row The Third - Like you I think it looks very entertaining and over the top, the Professor Genki pack alone looks hilarious.

-RE: Operation Raccoon City - Looks to be doing something really interesting and original in the multiplayer space, love the idea of shootouts between Umbrella forces, SWAT and zombies in one big crazy mess.

JustLikeHeaven1

Postby JustLikeHeaven1 » October 4th, 2011, 4:35 pm

I didn't know if RE: Operation Raccoon City was coming out this year or not...if it is then it something I'll keep my eye on.  I always felt like those RE: Outbreak games had a really cool idea that just came out on the wrong technology.  This seems like that idea taken to the level it deserves.  I have really high hopes for this new game.

Also it will be interesting to watch Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 go head to head.  While I'm not planning on buying either game, it will be fun to see which one gamers gravitate towards more.

Marriott_Guy1

Postby Marriott_Guy1 » October 4th, 2011, 4:58 pm

11 / 11 / 11

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

JWK1

Postby JWK1 » October 4th, 2011, 8:51 pm

I'm going to buy NBA Jam On Fire edition for PSN tonight!!  The only other games that I'm planning on buying the first week of its release is Uncharted 3 and Mario Kart 7.  I might get Crysis for $20 now that it's coming to consoles.  Other than that, I'm gonna have to wait until some price drops.

Michael Prymula

Postby Michael Prymula » October 5th, 2011, 2:14 am

Saints Row: The Third for all the reasons previously mentioned, already got my copy on pre-order at Gamestop.  I'm also super excited about Modern Warefare 3 and Battlefield 3.  I'm also keeping an eye out for True Crime:Hong Kong or whatever Square is calling it.

Luke

Postby Luke » October 5th, 2011, 2:23 am

[QUOTE=JWK]I'm going to buy NBA Jam On Fire edition for PSN tonight!!  The only other games that I'm planning on buying the first week of its release is Uncharted 3 and Mario Kart 7.  I might get Crysis for $20 now that it's coming to consoles.  Other than that, I'm gonna have to wait until some price drops.[/QUOTE]Yup. I'm staying up tonight so I can download NBA Jam: On Fire Edition at 5am on XBLA (when it typically becomes available here).

ActRaiser1

Postby ActRaiser1 » October 5th, 2011, 8:30 am

Halo: Anniversary

It's got 6 classic multiplayer maps remade, a new firefight map, and a re-mastered campaign with online co-op.  I'm excited come 11/15 to take on the flood once again.

Gears 3
It came out a couple of weeks ago but I was definitely looking forward to it for a long time.  I suck at its multiplayer but the online co-op makes for an amazing ride with a friend.  Good times.

Luke

Postby Luke » October 5th, 2011, 8:30 am

Just downloaded the 360 version.

If I'm Player 1, then why the heck am I stuck playing on the right side of the basketball court when playing against the CPU in Jam Tour? It seems there's no way to change it. This is stupid - Player 1 should always be locked to the left side of the court like the old games, right!?

Return to “Modern Gaming”