Fallout New Vegas (Xbox 360)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
0-Storm

Postby 0-Storm » October 31st, 2011, 11:36 pm

Loved Fallout 3. So far New Vegas is pretty good.

VATS doesn't seem as powerful. In 3 I could pretty much waste everyone in VATS. Now I'm havin' to rely more on good ol' fashioned aiming. Maybe because VATS isn't as powerful aiming shots seems to be more forgiving. I'm gettin' good hits on shots that feel like what would've been misses on 3.

In 3 I could pretty much get my skills to acceptable levels right away. In Vegas my repair isn't high enough, my lockpick isn't high enough, my science isn't high enough & so on. I'm going to have to go back to places to use those skills later.

Overall I like those changes. The game feels more challenging which it should be. 3 was too ez.

Only complaint is that the story & characters seem a little bland so far.

8 hours in & no bugs, freezing or game breaking glitches yet.   

0-Storm

Postby 0-Storm » December 21st, 2011, 11:51 am

Nearing the end. Pretty awesome game. I think I actually like it better then Fallout 3.

Couple complaints: 1. Stupid inaccessable locations. Mountains scattered everywhere that you can't pass through. I don't mind invisible walls. I understand game worlds can't go on for-ever, but don't confuse players into making them look accessable. I'd rather see a big sign that said, "Hey stupid, turn around.", rather then climbing half way up a mountain just to find I can't go any further.

2. Programmers tease us with cars, trucks & motorcycles we can't use.

3. I've had a couple of freeze-ups. Usually when I've tried to exit out of dialogue too quickly. Also on a couple of occasions when I tried to "think outside the box". I tried a few sneaky moves that the rogrammers obviously didn't expect players to try. Overall my gaming experience was awesome. I was scared to even try this game based on all the awful backlash I read about bugs & glitches. I can't say those people were wrong, but I can say that I play offline & had a wonderful time with minimal problems.

Return to “Now Playing”