A Hat In Time Coming To Switch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
LoganRuckman

A Hat In Time Coming To Switch

Postby LoganRuckman » September 12th, 2018, 12:16 am

https://youtu.be/OzQ-6P_R2ZE

Really late in posting this, but I am really happy us Switch owners finally get to play this gem of a game. I've been wanting to play this baby for ages. Reviews were great, and I've heard nothing but good things about it. And almost everyone who's played both games will tell you A Hat In Time is far superior to Yooka-Laylee. As a platformer lover, this is exciting news, and playing it on the go will be great.

Oh, and not indicative at all in terms of quality, but Gears For Breakfast actually kept JonTron in their game, unlike the cucks at Playtonic.

Sonicx9

Re: A Hat In Time Coming To Switch

Postby Sonicx9 » September 12th, 2018, 11:59 am

LoganRuckman wrote:https://youtu.be/OzQ-6P_R2ZE

Really late in posting this, but I am really happy us Switch owners finally get to play this gem of a game. I've been wanting to play this baby for ages. Reviews were great, and I've heard nothing but good things about it. And almost everyone who's played both games will tell you A Hat In Time is far superior to Yooka-Laylee. As a platformer lover, this is exciting news, and playing it on the go will be great.

Oh, and not indicative at all in terms of quality, but Gears For Breakfast actually kept JonTron in their game, unlike the cucks at Playtonic.

So true, in fact this game had more of a indie to AA range budget compared Yooka-Laylee which had a AAA by Kickstarter/crowdfunding standards and the later was a huge disappointment especially after the JonTron controversies which hurt the sales of Yooka-Laylee which got outsold by Persona 5 despite the later getting little to no hype by comparison.

Also one thing worth mentioning is one reason I prefer the Switch over PS4 is the massive library of platformers both exclusives and multi-console games making this the go to similar to the GameCube from the 6th gen, they go hand and hand.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » September 13th, 2018, 4:41 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:Oh, and not indicative at all in terms of quality, but Gears For Breakfast actually kept JonTron in their game, unlike the cucks at Playtonic.

Come on, man.

Sonicx9 wrote:Yooka-Laylee which got outsold by Persona 5 despite the later getting little to no hype by comparison.

Persona 5 got plenty of hype. What are you talking about?
Last edited by Stalvern on September 13th, 2018, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 13th, 2018, 5:11 pm

LoganRuckman wrote:Oh, and not indicative at all in terms of quality, but Gears For Breakfast actually kept JonTron in their game, unlike the cucks at Playtonic.

Are you being serious right now?

Sonicx9 wrote:Yooka-Laylee which got outsold by Persona 5 despite the later getting little to no hype by comparison.

You really think the JonTron thing is what caused Yooka-Laylee to sell less than Persona 5?

I don't see your logic. P5 was the second best-selling title on Amazon Japan in the week of release. Worldwide it sold 2 million.

I'm not saying Yooka-Laylee wasn't hyped, but it was certainly a minor blip on the radar compared to an established, 22-year-old franchise like Persona. YL catered to a specific demographic of people nostalgic for retro 3D platformers. As the game itself proved, they are not as good as you remember them.

David

Postby David » September 14th, 2018, 7:08 pm

I just recently read some good things about this game, so I’ll probably end up getting it at some point, more than likely once it goes on sale. In my mind it ended up getting lumped in with Yooka Laylee and Super Lucky’s Tale as non-Nintendo platformers that were mediocre, but I guess I was wrong.

Also, isn’t Jontron a white nationalist? That’s not the hill I’d die on...

Return to “Modern Gaming”