Super Mario Land (GB)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
CaptainCruch

Super Mario Land (GB)

Postby CaptainCruch » March 29th, 2019, 3:34 am

I just replayed Super Mario Land for original Game Boy on 3DS Virtual Console, and I forgot how much I liked this game! It's so easy accessible and charming it gave me a warm nostalgic feeling. (And it's very short so you can even finish it in one sitting). Anyone else has great memories of this game?

Buttermancan

Re: Super Mario Land (GB)

Postby Buttermancan » March 31st, 2019, 8:24 pm

I played and completed it about two years ago and really enjoyed it. Personally I think it's a classic. The graphics are simple and charming, the music is iconic and catchy and the gameplay is still fun to this day. Though somewhat on the easy side it'd be a great title for young kids to try (graphics might not be enough for them).

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 8th, 2019, 1:46 am

I really like this game. It's fairly simplistic, but still yet another great Mario platformer.

However, the sequel, 6 Golden Coins, is even better! With a world map that contains a bunch of levels, large variety of powerups, great level design, and really good graphics and music for a GB game, this is a fully fleshed handheld Mario experience that can legitimately hang with some of the big dogs of the time, namely Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World. Yes, it's that good. It's not merely a great handheld Mario, but a great Mario game, period.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » May 15th, 2019, 1:08 pm

This game is criminally underrated imho. Now, I don't know if this is because a Game Boy game. But to me, it more than holds it's own when compared to the 8 bit SMB games that were released on the NES around the same time...

Return to “Now Playing”