Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

General and high profile video game topics.
User avatar
Atariboy
Posts: 675
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby Atariboy » June 13th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Konami has a history of hiring M2 for their emulation needs, so hopefully that practice continues.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1319
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 13th, 2019, 9:17 pm

Atariboy wrote:Konami has a history of hiring M2 for their emulation needs, so hopefully that practice continues.


Would not be surprise.

MSR1701
Posts: 27
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 7:53 am

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby MSR1701 » June 14th, 2019, 8:19 am

Here's a prediction list of what I am guessing will be on the system; I'm assuming only 35 games, though I would love the count to match Sega's mini offering...

Alien Crush
Air Zonk
Blazing Lasers
Bomberman
Bonk I
Bonk II
Bonk III
China Warrior
Devil's Crush
Dungeon Explorer
Double Dungeon
Dragon Spirit
Dracula X
Galaga 88/90
Gate of Thunder
Legend of Hero Tonma
Legendary Axe
Legendary Axe II
Lords of Thunder
Military Madness
Neutopia
Neutopia II
New Adventure Island
Ninja Spirit
Power Golf
R-Type
Samurai Ghost
Soldier Blade
Shockman
TV Sports Basketball
TV Sports Football
TV Sports Hockey
Victory Run
Vigilante
Ys Book I and II

Now for what I would want to have but will not get my hopes up...

Cosmic Fantasy II
Cotton Fantastic Night Dreams
Dai Makaimura
Darius Plus
Dragon Slayer - The Legend of Heroes
Dungeon Master
Exile
Exile II
Garō Densetsu Special
Jim Power
Lemmings
Popful Mail (VERY wishful thinking...)
Raiden
SimEarth
Street Fighter II'
Turrican
Valis II
Valis III
Ys III - Wanderers from Ys

Sonicx9
Posts: 1319
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 14th, 2019, 12:27 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Here's a prediction list of what I am guessing will be on the system; I'm assuming only 35 games, though I would love the count to match Sega's mini offering...

Alien Crush
Air Zonk
Blazing Lasers
Bomberman
Bonk I
Bonk II
Bonk III
China Warrior
Devil's Crush
Dungeon Explorer
Double Dungeon
Dragon Spirit
Dracula X
Galaga 88/90
Gate of Thunder
Legend of Hero Tonma
Legendary Axe
Legendary Axe II
Lords of Thunder
Military Madness
Neutopia
Neutopia II
New Adventure Island
Ninja Spirit
Power Golf
R-Type
Samurai Ghost
Soldier Blade
Shockman
TV Sports Basketball
TV Sports Football
TV Sports Hockey
Victory Run
Vigilante
Ys Book I and II

Now for what I would want to have but will not get my hopes up...

Cosmic Fantasy II
Cotton Fantastic Night Dreams
Dai Makaimura
Darius Plus
Dragon Slayer - The Legend of Heroes
Dungeon Master
Exile
Exile II
Garō Densetsu Special
Jim Power
Lemmings
Popful Mail (VERY wishful thinking...)
Raiden
SimEarth
Street Fighter II'
Turrican
Valis II
Valis III
Ys III - Wanderers from Ys


A lot of good choices, but wait and see as we get closer to launch.

MSR1701
Posts: 27
Joined: April 29th, 2019, 7:53 am

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby MSR1701 » June 14th, 2019, 12:32 pm

I agree.

Have to say, I'm very hyped for this mini.

ActRaiser
Posts: 713
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 12:38 pm

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby ActRaiser » June 14th, 2019, 1:54 pm

Yeah, you've made quite the list. Well done.

For the camp aspect of it I would love to see It Came From the Desert included. JJ & Jeff would be fun to play again. Download is a fun shooter as well. Buster Bros is another good choice.

Frankly, I'd start buying compilation disks or hardware with whatever they threw on it. They could do a whole series on FMV games, shooters, RPGs, and oddball games.

Sonicx9
Posts: 1319
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 14th, 2019, 2:21 pm

Response time:

MSR1701 wrote:I agree.

Have to say, I'm very hyped for this mini.


I am somewhat hyped, but will get more when more is revealed.

ActRaiser wrote:Yeah, you've made quite the list. Well done.

For the camp aspect of it I would love to see It Came From the Desert included. JJ & Jeff would be fun to play again. Download is a fun shooter as well. Buster Bros is another good choice.

Frankly, I'd start buying compilation disks or hardware with whatever they threw on it. They could do a whole series on FMV games, shooters, RPGs, and oddball games.


Who knows, also would be interesting to see how well this sells in the west namely the US version.


Return to “Video Games General”