Ninjabread Man (Wii) OMG, this infamous piece of Wii Shovelware is a terrible as people makes it out to be!

The readers post their own reviews.
Sonicx9

Ninjabread Man (Wii) OMG, this infamous piece of Wii Shovelware is a terrible as people makes it out to be!

Postby Sonicx9 » September 9th, 2019, 12:31 am

I unfortunately had the chance to try what is one of the very worst/most infamous piece of Wii shovelware after all of these years of being well aware of the games infamous reception. I oddly found this game at a goodwill for $4 which for that cheap price I said hey I should give this infamous game a try and maybe goodwill will have a return policy to get my money back after I finish it considering it very short and for good reasons as this game is a as terrible as the game is.

And as for the game review, where do I begin, it is god awful, it has terrible graphic even by Wii standards and looks worse then many high end Dreamcast games what a joke, and the fact it a lazy port of a PAL only PS2/PC game that looked subpar even back then is also proof that the game was a shoddy product. In addition the controls and camera are terrible and gave me a migraine because of suffering this awful game to finish it was a choir and not worth it at all especially sense you get no ending not counting the credits that you can view in the option menu. The gameplay is terrible and lazy as the tutorial stage is one of the worst I seen in a game that is also very sloppy done and worst was reskinned in other Data Design Interactive platformers with it cut and pace game engine tech. And when you go to the 3 main levels outside of the tutorial level, the 3 levels have you finding 8 Blue Vials and along the way you fight generic food candy themed enemies that are randomly placed in the level and in the game, I had annoying candy landmines that are like a annoying trap randomly placed that drove me nuts with it bad level design and bad controls and camera. I even encounter bugs and glitches setting up the game for my Wii or even hanging at certain points, proves this game was rushed out the door and made as badly as possible.

Also the game has no real unlockables other then playing the Time Attack versions of the 3 stages which is the same as before only on a time limit, Score Pickups that are similar to regular levels except collecting the set amount of pickups scaterd in the stage along with 8 Blue Vials and it makes a already tedious task more tedious and chore fule then the game already is. And the score pickups mode gives you 3 difficulties but the only real difference is the harder difficulties give you more pickups to collect before clearing the stage which is lazy. And the last mode is Hidden Pickups where you have no Blue Vials to find but 20 candy canes hidden in the level and the worst part there is no high score saves so these modes are pointless waste of time just like the game itself.

All in all, my score is a strong no as I do not recommend this game to anyone who owns a Wii or Wii U via Backwards compatibility. This is truly as bad as critics and gamers made it out to be and no wonder the Wii was a infamous shovelware dumping ground was thanks to garbage like this. This game is so bad, I rather play Troll and I on Switch and other systems then play this hunk of junk, I rather play Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back on PS4 and PC then suffer this game again. Heck I rather play the many bad LJN games that AVGN plays in his videos then play this game again or any of the other terrible Data Design Interactive platformers with the same cut and paste job effort that this game is along with the other Data Design Interactive platformers, I rather laugh at the god awful Switch port of ARK: Survival Evolved then suffer this game again. Heck, even playing Mighty No. 9 is more rewarding then playing this game.

For my first feature length reader review I did myself, I would love to see your guys feedback on this review, and if I get a positive word of mouth. I might do more reviews like this, and originally I was going to do a Blade Strangers Now Playing first impressions after delving into the game a bit, but because I was busy with life stuff along with stumbling on Ninjabread Man out of nowhere, that Now Playing first impressions got delayed at last minute, but hopefully I get to do it soon, as I need a good game to wash up the stinky Data Design Interactive stink on my body because this game sucks Ninjabread Man nuts!

Note: My review is based on the Wii version played on regular Wii hardware, as I do not own a Wii U as many such as myself passed up that system after all the bad rep it was getting back in the day.

Retro STrife

Re: Ninjabread Man (Wii) OMG, this infamous piece of Wii Shovelware is a terrible as people makes it out to be!

Postby Retro STrife » September 9th, 2019, 9:29 am

Thanks Sonicx9 - good choice for a first review!

I figure most people probably haven't heard of Ninjabread Man, so it's a good game to draw attention to. This game is infamously bad. It's one of the worst-reviewed games in the past 20+ years, and it would be in the Top 5 of any "hilariously bad games" list from that period. Some people even say it has a "so bad, it's good" quality to it. VGC take note, as this might make for a funny review.

Personally, I bought this game for its infamous reputation, but I haven't played it yet. But this review reminded me that I need to try it very soon.

Sonicx9

Re: Ninjabread Man (Wii) OMG, this infamous piece of Wii Shovelware is a terrible as people makes it out to be!

Postby Sonicx9 » September 9th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Retro STrife wrote:Thanks Sonicx9 - good choice for a first review!

I figure most people probably haven't heard of Ninjabread Man, so it's a good game to draw attention to. This game is infamously bad. It's one of the worst-reviewed games in the past 20+ years, and it would be in the Top 5 of any "hilariously bad games" list from that period. Some people even say it has a "so bad, it's good" quality to it. VGC take note, as this might make for a funny review.

Personally, I bought this game for its infamous reputation, but I haven't played it yet. But this review reminded me that I need to try it very soon.

Thanks for the feedback, I am glad I started with a lesser known game and not something mainstream. As reviewing leser know games both good and bad are fun to look at.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » September 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm

I'm impressed that it apparently threw a fit and glitched out before you even played it, a true feat of programming. It's nice when a game pushes technical boundaries.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 10th, 2019, 12:15 am

Stalvern wrote:I'm impressed that it apparently threw a fit and glitched out before you even played it, a true feat of programming. It's nice when a game pushes technical boundaries.

Actually, when I got the chance to play it on my Wii, I had trouble and technical issues, trying to set up the damn game, and already that a bad sign/first impression for this pile of Ninjabread Man crap. And when I played this game, it gave me a migraine and sucks Ninjabread Man nuts! And after playing that game, I have no interest int trying any other Data Design Interactive games on Wii as I know all of them suck Ninjabread Man balls!

Return to “Reader Reviews”