R.I.P. Kobe Bryant

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
jon

Re: R.I.P. Kobe Bryant

Postby jon » January 27th, 2020, 10:23 pm

Well then we don't agree on the importance of 3 point shooting. I'm not going to continue out of respect for what happened.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » January 27th, 2020, 11:06 pm

David wrote:Jon - Do you follow basketball much? The dude was a nine time all NBA 1st team defense player. He was elite defensively for the majority of his career.

Agreed. Kobe was a tenacious defender.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » January 28th, 2020, 5:09 pm

For much of Kobe's career the almighty 3 was not the be-all end-all like it is in today's game. While he was a shell of himself near the end, during his prime years he was probably one of the best ever who was known for his work ethic along with his skill. He very much had that Jordan mentality. The more you find out about the crash, the more tragic it becomes for all those involved.

Voor

Postby Voor » January 28th, 2020, 6:04 pm

jon wrote:Well then we don't agree on the importance of 3 point shooting. I'm not going to continue out of respect for what happened.

It’s not that we disagree, it’s a time difference. The 3 point shot is MASSIVELY important to the game today, too much if you ask me. A part of me misses the “big man with his back to the basket” style of the 90s.

Tron

Postby Tron » April 8th, 2020, 7:26 pm

Kobe was a rapist. Ever read his public statement about the case? Something along the lines of “I thought it was consensual, but I respect her right to disagree.” Seriously????? If he didn’t rape I don’t think he’d allow for any possibility of it being a difference of perspective. The guy was a great balla though so I guess he could do whatever he wanted. Just don’t be thinking any of you no-name nobody’s can pull off raping women though. For the rest of us it’s bad, but not Kobe. He could play basketball really well.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » April 8th, 2020, 7:59 pm

jon wrote:Perhaps I was a bit insensitive. I once ordered Kobe Bryant's NBA Courtside 2 and got the 1st one by accident which sucked. Maybe I'll get the 2nd one now.

did you get it from Ebay? they always get my games wrong..i ordered MLB 2K12 and got Madden by mistake..i ordered MVP 2004 and got MVP 2005 by mistake which wont work in my xbox 360 and there have been others over the years

jon

Postby jon » April 8th, 2020, 10:06 pm

It was eBay. It sucked bc the game sucked and I’ve heard the 2nd was good. Every other purchase has been fine although somewhat mysteriously a recent SNES I got from a seller with flawless history doesn’t work maybe it’s just my tv’s but it was strange. I have no idea whether Kobe was guilty. But we’ve talked about this, Kobe was not as great as people think. I can’t stand Lebron and don’t like him but he’s a lot better than Kobe. MJ way better. The thing is, yes Kobe made a lot of all defensive teams. But there’s people that made those teams that were far better. MJ was such a great defender he made any team he played on a good defense. Maybe Kobe made those all defensive teams because of his popularity. On offense he was selfish and didn’t play team ball. When the team wasn’t talented he decided he should score 80 points.

Return to “Other Media”