Undercover Cops on Limited Run Games

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Undercover Cops on Limited Run Games

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 17th, 2021, 8:48 pm

I preordered this, because it's a side-scrolling beat em up - my favorite!

https://limitedrungames.com/

I swear I think I could just live off the games from this one site from here on out...

Retro STrife

Re: Undercover Cops on Limited Run Games

Postby Retro STrife » February 18th, 2021, 8:50 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I swear I think I could just live off the games from this one site from here on out...

Translation: "I finally admit it - I love digital games from indie developers, but since they didn't usually come on physical media before Limited Run, I spent a billion years ignoring them and everyone on my forums that heckled me to try them!" ;)

But joke translations aside, I was intrigued by Undercover Cops too. A google search dampened my intrigue a bit, though. Turns out Undercover Cops was a 1992 arcade game (never heard of it), which also got ported to the Super Famicom in Japan. A US version was planned, but canned close to release (so close to release that Nintendo Power magazine had already reviewed it). So I'd bet the Limited Run release is either just a re-release of the Japanese game or a copy of the unreleased US version. I'd be curious if they made any tweaks at all. Still cool, but I think Limited Run is hiding the ball a bit on this one, by sorta misleading people into thinking it's a brand new game developed for SNES. For me that made it a "pass" at $60, but I will definitely be interested in your review.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Undercover Cops on Limited Run Games

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 18th, 2021, 9:19 am

Retro - can we please keep the truth to a minimum? This IS the internet for crying out loud!

Return to “Classic Gaming”