4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

General and high profile video game topics.
User avatar
BlasteroidAli
Posts: 1650
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 7:50 pm

4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby BlasteroidAli » February 21st, 2024, 1:56 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-68312395

This is incredible news for anyone who wants to play Hi-Fi Rush. It is coming to PS5, though Stadia owners miss out as their console is dead.
I actually really liked Grounded, so in my estimation at least one good game is coming out. It is coming out for Switch.

Quick_Man
Posts: 278
Joined: July 30th, 2023, 2:28 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby Quick_Man » February 21st, 2024, 3:04 pm

Hi-Fi Rush is like the only Xbox exclusive I've given a toss about for years, so this is pretty funny lmao

JWK
Posts: 255
Joined: April 30th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby JWK » February 21st, 2024, 10:19 pm

Like a lot of people, I had high hopes for Starfield coming to PS5. Obviously, I can still play it on PC and I may do that down the line. Some friends have said it’s not nearly as good as other Bethesda RPGs like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, but I think I still want to play it. Anyway, it’s crazy how little I want a Series console. I own basically every major console (and a healthy chunk of games for those consoles) since the 3rd generation. I got so burned buying an XBox One X, it’s really soured me on the XBox brand as a whole. Oh well, at least we have a nice 4k BD player for the media room in the basement.

DaHeckIzDat
Posts: 2047
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 1:41 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby DaHeckIzDat » February 22nd, 2024, 5:58 pm

Hell yeah! I've wanted to play Sea of Thieves for years, but I was never going to pay for Xbox Live when that was the only game I'd play on it.

User avatar
BlasteroidAli
Posts: 1650
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby BlasteroidAli » February 23rd, 2024, 6:15 am

JWK wrote:Like a lot of people, I had high hopes for Starfield coming to PS5. Obviously, I can still play it on PC and I may do that down the line. Some friends have said it’s not nearly as good as other Bethesda RPGs like Fallout or Elder Scrolls, but I think I still want to play it. Anyway, it’s crazy how little I want a Series console. I own basically every major console (and a healthy chunk of games for those consoles) since the 3rd generation. I got so burned buying an XBox One X, it’s really soured me on the XBox brand as a whole. Oh well, at least we have a nice 4k BD player for the media room in the basement.

I did not get an Xbox X, but I always wanted one. It is a great way to get a 4k player.


I can tell you that Starfield is good. In some places, it is vintage Bethesda. In the end it feels a lot more like a finished version of Mass Effect Andromeda. So if you like Mass Effect you will probably enjoy it, the story is okay, at the start it is superb but a few of their choices can leave you with a bad taste in your mouth, the main story is not the strongest and it feels a bit on the rails in parts, which is not something you could say about Fallout 3 or Elder Scrolls 3/4/5.
If you like visiting strange new worlds it is also great. Though after a while the worlds become a bit samey. The graphics however are superb, jaw dropping and wonderful. This game had a long development cycle but place it alongside Skull and Bones which had a similar gestation period. Then you see the true level of the games achievement. Where Sab is pretty average with not particularly good graphics SF shines.

You never know, they may still release it for ps5.

Van Halbgott
Posts: 53
Joined: May 14th, 2023, 4:08 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby Van Halbgott » February 23rd, 2024, 1:23 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:Hell yeah! I've wanted to play Sea of Thieves for years, but I was never going to pay for Xbox Live when that was the only game I'd play on it.


Maybe they'll port Sea of Thieves to the Switch.

You know, A modern Rare game on a modern Nintendo system?

Quick_Man
Posts: 278
Joined: July 30th, 2023, 2:28 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby Quick_Man » February 23rd, 2024, 2:02 pm

What next, Killer Instinct 2013? (Seriously, please for the love of God put a fighting game worth playing on the Switch, I beg of thee.)

User avatar
BlasteroidAli
Posts: 1650
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby BlasteroidAli » February 26th, 2024, 7:29 pm

If you watch the Nintendo Direct link that I put up you will see that a number of the N64 titles that Rare made are coming to the Switch. You will get your wish of Playing Killer Instinct.

Quick_Man
Posts: 278
Joined: July 30th, 2023, 2:28 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby Quick_Man » February 26th, 2024, 11:07 pm

That's just the rather middling SNES port of the original arcade game. Killer Instinct 2013 is essentially Killer Instinct 3, widely regarded as one of the best fighting games ever made. Certainly the only of the three Killer Instinct games I enjoy playing seriously.

User avatar
BlasteroidAli
Posts: 1650
Joined: April 9th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Re: 4 Xbox exclusives coming to ps5

Postby BlasteroidAli » February 27th, 2024, 1:24 pm

Quick_Man wrote:That's just the rather middling SNES port of the original arcade game. Killer Instinct 2013 is essentially Killer Instinct 3, widely regarded as one of the best fighting games ever made. Certainly the only of the three Killer Instinct games I enjoy playing seriously.


That is on the Rare collection. You may get lucky, and they might put it out on a Switch. I doubt it, but they may still release it as a stand alone. I play it sometimes, but I am so useless at fighting games I hardly play it. Well, until my fighting game pal turns up for a Sesh.
https://videogamecritic.com/xb1ek.htm?s=3#rev4392

and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Instinct_(2013_video_game)


Return to “Video Games General”